Cinetrivia: November Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY AND SPONSOR: The “Cinetrivia: November Sweepstakes” (the "Contest") is open only to individuals who are, as of the start of the Contest, age 18 or older and legal residents of the 50 United States including the District of Columbia. This Contest is void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law. Contest is sponsored by CPE US Networks Inc. ("Sponsor"), 10202 West Washington Boulevard, Culver City, California 90232. Employees of Sponsor, Sponsor's advertising and promotion agencies, and any other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, administration or fulfillment of this Contest, as well as each of their parent corporations, subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, "Contest Entities"), and their immediate families (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and members of their households (whether or not related), are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
2. TO ENTER THE CONTEST: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time on November 1, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on November 30, 2011 (the "Contest Period"). To enter the Contest, log on to http://sonymoviechannel.com/cinetrivia, enter all required information, and play the Cinetrivia game by answering movie-related trivia questions. A participant will receive one entry for every question answered (either correctly or incorrectly) during the Contest Period.
3. CONTEST PRIZE: Each entrant in the Contest will be entered into a drawing to win a prize package containing one Marie Antoinette snowglobe, one Klean Kanteen, one Anonymous autographed poster, and Sony Movie Channel branded candy and popcorn with a total approximate value of $310 (the "Contest Prize"). No transfer, or cash or other substitution of the Contest Prize is allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component of comparable or greater value. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery/fulfillment of the Contest Prize to the address provided by Contest Prize recipient when contacted by Sponsor. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize or prize component(s) once in the possession or control of the actual Contest Prize recipient.
4. CONTEST DRAWING/SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Within four days after the end of the Contest Period, one entrant will be selected from all eligible Contest entries received during the Contest Period in a random drawing ("Drawing Selected Entrant"). Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Drawing Selected Entrant will be notified by email. Failure by the Drawing Selected Entrant to respond to such notification within forty eight hours may result in disqualification of the Selected Entrant, and an alternate Selected Entrant will be selected by means of another random drawing. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate Selected Entrant, if any.
Sponsor decisions are final and binding in all respects. In the event of a dispute about the identity of any Contest entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Service Provider, online access provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. In this regard, the potential Contest Prize recipient may be required to provide proof that s/he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Contest entry selected in order to receive the Contest Prize.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to sign any further documentation requested by Sponsor consistent with these Official Rules, including an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release. If a Selected Entrant fails to sign and return such documents or if such Selected Entrant is found to be ineligible (for any reason), or if such Selected Entrant does not comply with the Official Rules, then s/he will be disqualified and an alternate Selected Entrant will be selected pursuant to terms outlined in the Contest drawing/selection and notification section of these rules. Each Contest entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives the right to assert as a cost of receiving any prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem such prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem such prize. All applicable federal, state, local or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of the actual Contest Prize recipient. All Contest entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of any prize. Eligibility, age, and any and all other claims shall be subject to verification prior to the actual awarding of the Contest Prize.
6. CONTEST CONDITIONS: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, each Contest entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually (a) agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and (b) waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Each Contest entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, attorneys, representatives and agents from and against any and all claims, judgments, damages, losses, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest, or (ii) printing, distribution, production or mailing/e-mailing/communication/transmission errors. Sponsor or its affiliates may rescind any promotion found to contain such errors, without liability, at its sole discretion. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ITS REPRESENTATIVES MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (UNLESS SPONSOR ELECTS TO PROVIDE ANY PRIZE RECIPIENT WITH ANY EXPRESS WRITTEN WARRANTIES). FURTHER, NEITHER SPONSOR NOR THE CONTEST ENTITIES ACCEPT ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS OR ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
7. RESTRICTIONS: Sponsor shall not be liable to the Selected Entrants for failure to supply the Contest Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Sponsor's sole and reasonable control.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete or indecipherable entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries; (b) technical failures of any kinds; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's Contest entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, and provided that such error is discovered and confirmed by Sponsor prior to the expiration of the Contest Period, then such entrant's sole remedy shall be another entry in the Contest; it specifically being agreed and understood that in the event such error is not discovered and confirmed until after the expiration of the Contest Period, then such entrant shall have no cause(s) of action whatsoever against Sponsor, and Sponsor shall not have any liability to such entrant for or in connection with any error. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or receiving any prize if, in Sponsor's sole discretion, Sponsor determines that such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unsafe or unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor's representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other similar or dissimilar causes beyond the sole and reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper, safe and fair conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right, exercisable at any time in Sponsor's sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Contest and to select the Selected Entrant by means of a random drawing from among all eligible Contest entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT, EXERCISABLE AT ANY TIME IN SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT WAIVER OF OR LIMITATION ON ANY OF SPONSOR'S OTHER AVAILABLE LEGAL AND/OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
10. ARBITRATION: BY ENTERING INTO THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS CONTEST (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ITS PRIZING) OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THEIR ENFORCEMENT, ARBITRABILITY OR INTERPRETATION, SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO JAMS ("JAMS") for final and binding arbitration under its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures if the matter in dispute is over US$250,000 or under its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures if the matter in dispute is US$250,000 or less, TO BE HELD IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, BEFORE A SINGLE ARBITRATOR. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE SELECTED BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES OR, IF THE PARTIES CANNOT AGREE, THEN BY SELECTING AN ARBITRATOR FROM A LIST OF ARBITRATORS SUPPLIED BY JAMS. IF THE PARTIES STILL CANNOT AGREE ON AN ARBITRATOR, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE APPOINTED BY JAMS. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE A CONFIDENTIAL PROCEEDING, CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL ISSUE A WRITTEN OPINION STATING THE ESSENTIAL FINDINGS AND CONCLUSIONS UPON WHICH THE ARBITRATOR'S AWARD IS BASED. THE PARTIES WILL SHARE EQUALLY IN PAYMENT OF THE ARBITRATOR'S FEES AND ARBITRATION EXPENSES AND ANY OTHER COSTS UNIQUE TO THE ARBITRATION HEARING (RECOGNIZING THAT EACH SIDE BEARS ITS OWN DEPOSITION, WITNESS, EXPERT AND ATTORNEYS' FEES AND OTHER EXPENSES TO THE SAME EXTENT AS IF THE MATTER WERE BEING HEARD IN COURT). NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE ARBITRATOR MAY REQUIRE THAT SUCH FEES BE BORNE IN SUCH OTHER MANNER AS THE ARBITRATOR DETERMINES IS REQUIRED IN ORDER FOR THIS ARBITRATION CLAUSE TO BE ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
11. GOVERNING LAW: Each entrant acknowledges that the internal substantive laws (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) of the State of California and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in California shall govern the validity and interpretation of these Official Rules and all other causes of action (whether sounding in contract or in tort) arising out of or relating to these Official Rules.
12. NO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF: EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT HE/SHE SHALL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE SPONSOR'S WEBSITE, TELEVISION CHANNEL, OR ANY OTHER PROJECT OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES.
13. RULES/ONLINE PAGE LISTING PRIZE RECIPIENT(S): For a copy of the Official Rules, log onto http://sonymoviechannel.com/cinetrivia/rules or for a list of the usernames of the actual prize recipients, log onto http://sonymoviechannel.com/cinetrivia. Winners list becomes available after the Contest Period.
14. SPONSOR: CPE US Networks Inc., 10202 West Washington Boulevard, Culver City, California 90232.
© 2011 CPE US Networks Inc. All Rights Reserved.